Kuwana prospered from the Edo period as one of the 53 post stations of the Tokaido road. the city has functioned as a regional center of fishing, industry, business, and culture.
Rokkaen, which was built in 1913. Rokkaen is a Western-style mansion with a 4-story tower, mixed with Japanese style structures, and a garden with a central pond skirted by a promenade in front. It has been selected an important national cultural asset as a valuable structure typical of the Meiji and Taisho Periods.
- 663-5 , Aza-Takaba,Kuwana Kuwana City
- 10-minute walk from Tamachi Bus Stop on Inner-Loop buses from Kuwana Station on JR or Kintetsu Line
- Adult 300yen
- College student 300yen
- High school student 300yen
- Junior high school student 100yen
- 9:00～17:00 (final admission at 16:00)
- Monday（December 29 ~ January 3）
- Closed the day following national holidays by law.
Nagashima Spa Land
A comprehensive leisure complex with an amusement park that offers approximately 40 types of attractions, including the "White Cyclone", the world's largest wooden roller coaster, and a jumbo seawater pool (open summer only) with 18 kinds of slides. This theme park is one of most biggest theme park with pool attractions.
Official Website : Nagashima Spa Land
- 333 Urayasu, Nagashima-cho Kuwana City
- 20-minute bus ride to Nagashima Onsen Bus Stop from Kuwana Station on JR or Kintetsu Line
- Varies slightly depending on season and day of the week.
- Adult 4100yen
- Junior high school student 3100yen
- Elementary school student 3100yen
- Younger than above 1800yen
Nabana no Sato
This is a part of Nahashima Resort, and visitors can enjoy the garden courtyard and open-air bath in the onsen facility. A full range of gourmet facilities, such as a beer garden with local beers, is also offered. During the winter, the park is designed by tremendous number of illumination.
- 270 Komaeurushibata, Nagashima-cho Kuwana City
- Approx. 10-minute bus ride to Nabana no Sato Bus Stop on Sanko buses heading to Nagashima Onsen from Kuwana Station on JR or Kintetsu Line
- Nabana Coupon tickets (¥1,500 for above elementary school), including ￥1,000 in-store voucher.
- ※￥2,000 at the opening of the winter illumination
- *Begonia Garden admission: Adults: ¥1,000; Elementary/junior-high students: ¥700; Infants: ¥200
Mitsui Outlet Park Jazz Dream Nagashima
This maker-direct factory outlet mall is the largest in the Tokai Region, where visitors can buy goods for 30% to 80% off the normal prices. The mall offers a lineup including an abundant variety of products and world famous brands.
Official Website : Mitsui Outlet mall Nagashima
- 368 Urayasu, Nagashima-cho Kuwana City
- 40-minute ride on direct buses to Nagashima Onsen from Nagoya Station (Meitetsu Bus Center) or to Nagashima Onsen Bus Stop (final stop) on Mie Kotsu buses from Kuwana Station on JR or Kintetsu Line
- Shops : 10:00 - 20:00
- Restaruants : 10:00 - 21:30
Corbicula Tomato Japanese Sake
Udon Noodle Nagashima-Yaki Paper Craft